Date:      Tue, 25 Mar 2003 10:13:21 +0100 (CET)
From:      Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
To:        OpenS <lab_rat@omskmail.ru>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: WineX

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003, OpenS wrote:
> I know that whrere is a port of Wine, but what do you think about
> porting WineX? It`ll be great to to have it in ports.

Well, that may be true, but I, at least, certainly won't do that, for
a couple of reasons:

 o licensing: Have you checked all the details on the WineX site?

 o portability: I'm already spending a significant amount of time
 keeping Wine compiling on FreeBSD (though most of this happens
 upstream, so it may not be not very visible), and I'd expect WineX
 to be at least as bad and very Linux-centric, not the least because
 they cannot take all those portability patches from Wine for license
 reasons.

Gerald
--
Gerald "Jerry"   pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/