Date:         Sat, 30 Aug 97 02:13 PDT
From:      Denis DeLaRoca                       <CSP1DWD@MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@RAH.STAR-GATE.COM>
Cc:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@LABINFO.IET.UNIPI.IT>, multimedia@FREEBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp://rah.star-gate.com/pub/guspnp18.tar.gz

On Fri, 29 Aug 1997 20:21:34 -0700,
   Amancio Hasty <hasty@RAH.STAR-GATE.COM> said:

> This release uses isa_dmastatus from -current's isa.c if you don't
> have it then you have to get it from -current and use it as it is
> or patch isa.c for FreeBSD 2.2.

Humm? Bringing -current's isa.c over to FreeBSD 2.2.x doesn't look
straightforward as I think several other things need to be dragged
as well.

> Basically, with good reasons the freebsd hackers gave me a hard
> time for moving isa_dmastatus to the sound driver which I did
> because I couldn't use the one in -current at the time since
> then I modified Luigi's isa_dmastatus and isa_dmastop so
> they will work properly with auto dma.

I haven't been able to download guspnp18 yet as your host is refusing
FTP connections just now. But I wonder if to get on the air with
guspnp18 it would suffice to use Luigi's patched isa.c? Does Luigi's
isa.c suffice to compile guspnp18 successfully?

Also the isa_dmastatus() code that committed to current is slightly
different than the code in Luigi's isa.c in snd970829. Do these slight
changes affect Luigi's sound driver at all?

For FreeBSD 2.2.x systems it would be nice if we could use Luigi's
isa.c to support guspnp18 as well. Right now guspnp18 is again out
of sync with 2.2.x.

-- Denis