Date:      Sun, 18 Jun 2000 21:38:29 -0700 (PDT)
From:      The Clark Family <res03db2@gte.net>
To:        Wolfram Schneider <wosch@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [beenishw@yahoo.com: guidelines required]

There was a time when MI/X was free. It was fairly spartan, but it worked
well. When they went to version 2.0, they went commercial. (Probably to
help defray support costs.)

I think it costs 25$ US now.

(Hint, go find a copy of the older stuff. Its still free.)

As much of a monopoly as MS has become, I often wonder why they don't
include a free Xserver with windows.

Then again, look at hyperterminal and telnet. Yuck.

[RC]