Date:      Tue, 20 Aug 1996 18:45:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jcraton@wahoo.netrunner.net (Jeff Craton)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   mounting slices under the fixit floppy

im using the fixit floppy to go into repair mode. I'm trying to mount the
hard drive in it's own directory so I can do some repairs, but it keeps
giving me operation not permitted errors.

here's my original fstab file:

/dev/wd0s1b     none    swap    sw 0 0
/dev/wd0a       /       ufs     rw 1 1
/dev/wd0s1f     /usr    ufs     rw 1 1
/dev/wd0s1e     /var    ufs     rw 1 1
proc            /proc   procfs  rw 0 0

here's the one i modified to work under the repair floppy:

/dev/wd0s1b     none    swap    sw 0 0
/dev/wd0a       /alpha/       ufs     rw 1 1
/dev/wd0s1f     /alpha/usr    ufs     rw 1 1
/dev/wd0s1e     /alpha/var    ufs     rw 1 1
proc            /proc   procfs  rw 0 0

im trying to mount the original filesystem in the directory /alpha. Whenever
I try
to mount /dev/wd0a under /alpha i get an operation not permitted error. How
do I mount
the directories in fixit mode?