Date:      Tue, 2 Jun 1998 19:20:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "William D. Ward" <euswdwj@exu.ericsson.se>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/6809: Scotty doesn't want to install.  It appears to compile fine.

The following reply was made to PR ports/6809; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "William D. Ward" <euswdwj@exu.ericsson.se>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Cc: eculp@ver1.telmex.net.mx
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 21:17:05 -0500 (CDT)

 Here is  a possible workaround for this problem.  It is relaited to the
 information tclsh returns from 'info sharedlibextension'.

 The same error message is reported when I run scotty (installed using the
 package) from the command line:

 planck# cat /usr/local/lib/tnm2.1.8/pkgIndex.tcl
 package ifneeded Tnm 2.1.8 "load /usr/local/lib/tnm2.1.8[info sharedlibexten
 sion]"

 Substitute '[info sharedlibextension]' with '.so' in the pkgIndex.tcl file:

 planck# cat /usr/local/lib/tnm2.1.8/pkgIndex.tcl
 package ifneeded Tnm 2.1.8 "load /usr/local/lib/tnm2.1.8.so"

 Scotty starts up and runs with no problem.

 Interestingly, nothing is returned when I try 'info sharedlibextension' in
 tclsh:

 planck# tclsh8.0
 % info sharedlibextension
 %

 Software versioning installed on my system:
 tcl-8.0.2           Tool Command Language.
 tk-8.0.2            Graphical toolkit for TCL.
 scotty-2.1.8        network management extensions to tcl