Date:      Fri, 17 Aug 2001 05:55:28 +0200
From:      "Kjell" <kmidtset@c2i.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bridge/firewall with 3 NICs

Dear list members!

I have set up a machine with 3 NICs, all from the same manufacturer. I would
like to connect them to the outside internet, a DMZ with a server and to my
local secure net.  Is it possible to do this with FreeBSD? If yes, what would be
the recommended setup?

I am connected to the internet via a DSL line giving me a fixed IP address. I
can set up the IP network address in the Cisco modem to my liking.
(192.168.x.0 ?) Is there anything I should know about selecting network
addresses for the three cards?

The DMZ server should be accessible from the outside world and from the
local network, and workstations on the local network should be able to access
the internet in a controlled way.

All the HOWTOs I have found describes setting up with only 2 NICs. Any
references to setups with 3 NICs?

regards from Kjell (LA3SG)