Date:      Mon, 12 Feb 1996 07:29:50 +1100 (EST)
From:      John Birrell <cimaxp1!jb@werple.net.au>
To:        keltia.freenix.fr!roberto@werple.net.au (Ollivier Robert)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org, jb@cimlogic.com.au
Subject:   Re: libc_r and the removal of ccitt and iso

> Now that  netccitt and  netiso  is  in  the  Attic, libc_r still  reference
> netiso/iso.h in iso_addr.c.
>
> We should put iso_addr.{c,3} from libc/net into the  Attic too (they're not
> in the Makefile any more).

Keeping libc_r up-to-date with the libc makefiles is a problem. Additions
and deletions to the libc makefiles should be reflected in the libc_r tree.
It would be nice if the *same* makefiles could be used, but I don't know
how to do that. 8-(

FWIW, I'm still looking at better (IMO) ways to boot-strap build. There
are so many dependencies that I'm beginning to think that we'll either
have to shoot the chicken or ban eggs. 8-) Seriously, there needs to be
some restrictions placed on which programs are *allowed* to be used as part
of the build process. Without some discipline it is always going to be
possible for changes to break the build.

--
John Birrell                                CIMlogic Pty Ltd
jb@cimlogic.com.au                          119 Cecil Street