Date:      Mon, 29 Jun 1998 09:56:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dennis Ostrovsky <denis.ostrovsky@yale.edu>
To:        Christoph Prevezanos <christoph.prevezanos@post.uni-bielefeld.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: StarOffice4 SP3 ... again

On Mon, 29 Jun 1998, Christoph Prevezanos wrote:

> I have installed the linux-libs, I enabled linux-comp. in rc.conf.
> Someone in the mailinglist said that the service pack 3 is not working
> with FBSD. Is this right? If yes, where can I get an older version of
> SO4?
>
> I don't want to install SO3.1 - that's a too big step backward.

Well basically SO 4.0sp3 does not work with FreeBSD as it stands (as far
as I know). It will just core dump when you run the setup program. I think
it's because it requires more up-to-date linux libs than is
installable with FreeBSD, but I'm not 100% sure on this.

Have you tried SO3.1? I installed it, and it works fine. Feature set looks
quite comparable or superior to any M$ product. Don't think that just
because it's not the latest version that it's not good. I still use MS
Word 5.1a when I have to use it at all. :)

Dennis