Date:      Thu, 13 Sep 2012 08:34:40 -0700
From:      Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>
To:        Glen Barber <gjb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Why wpa_supplicant doesn't start with ndis0 interface?

On 09/12/2012 20:01, Glen Barber wrote:
> It would be helpful if you would at least try my cron(8) suggestion.

So I tried adding the lines into crontab:
@reboot root    /sbin/kldload /boot/kernel/if_ndis.ko >/dev/null 2>&1
@reboot root    /sbin/kldload /boot/modules/bcmwl5_sys.ko >/dev/null 2>&1

Firstly, for some reason, this method fails to load bcmwl5_sys.ko with
the error message:
KLD bcmwl5_sys.ko: depends on ndis - not available or version mismatch

However, command 'kldload /boot/modules/bcmwl5_sys.ko' typed manually
after boot succeeds without any messages. This is a mystery to me, why
one way to run it produces this message and another one doesn't.

And '/etc/rc.d/netif start' still doesn't start wifi even though all
kernel modules were loaded after kernel boot.

Yuri