Date:      Mon, 23 Sep 1996 21:22:26 -0400
From:      "Jordyn A. Buchanan" <jordyn@bestweb.net>
To:        Charlie Root <root@beyond.sdi.agate.net>, Questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Web Server

At 1:40 PM +0000 9/23/96, Charlie Root wrote:
>Is there a Webserver that lets you have the index file be INDEX.* and lets you
>create several different CGI directories and lets you so SSI operations and
>gets complicated like that??? I don't think Apache offers that.. so if ya know
>a Web Server that does please do tell...

Apache will certainly do all of that.  I'm not sure if it will let the
index file be index.* (mostly because this would be very confusing if there
were more than one index.[whatever] files) but you can certainly tell it to
use index.htm or index.cgi or INDEX.HTM if the original index.html can't be
found.

You can have several different CGI directories with multiple ScriptAlias
directives.

Apache does SSI as well.  Usually this is turned off by default, though.

Read the docs:

	http://www.apache.org/docs/

or, for specific information on the config file directives:

	http://www.apache.org/docs/directives.html

Jordyn

|Jordyn A. Buchanan                    mailto:jordyn@bestweb.net |
|Bestweb Corporation                      http://www.bestweb.net |
|Senior System Administrator                     +1.914.271.4500 |