Date:      Mon, 9 Oct 1995 22:40:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      -Vince- <vince@apollo.COSC.GOV>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@kryten.Atinc.COM>
Cc:        J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>, FreeBSD-hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: can't delete chfn

On Sat, 7 Oct 1995, Jonathan M. Bresler wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Oct 1995, -Vince- wrote:

> > >                            ^^^^
> > > 	schg prevents you from replacing the file.
> > > the same should be true of your kernel.  do a 'chflags noschg /usr/bin/chfn'
> >
> > 	Hmm, but it seems like it was make world that did this so make world
> > is preventing new make worlds from happening?
>
> 	make world does not install a new kernel.  this is no related to
> make world.  the schg flag is set by make install in a kernel compilation
> directory.

	I wasn't talking about the kernel, I was talking about chfn which
was installed by the July 26, 1995 make world...

Cheers,
-Vince- vince@apollo.COSC.GOV - GUS Mailing Lists Admin
UC Berkeley AstroPhysics - Electrical Engineering (Honorary B.S.)
Chabot Observatory & Science Center - Board of Advisors
Running FreeBSD - Real UN*X for Free!
Linda Wong/Vivian Chow/Hacken Lee/Danny Chan Fan Club Mailiing Lists Admin