Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 2006 15:23:49 -0700
From:      Josh Stephenson <jstep@unm.edu>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hardware questions

Hi everyone,

I hope this is the right place to send this question.

I need to build a web environment for a high traffic content-driven
website.  My server experience has been somewhat limited to the software
and I'm not sure exactly what would be the best hardware configuration
for a site like this.

I'm thinking I need to have three machines.  One web server that sits in
the front, one database server and one media (video and image) server.

I am asking for suggestions on processing power, hard drive space, raid
configurations from anyone who has done this type of thing before.

Thanks a bunch,
Josh