Date:      Wed, 08 Feb 1995 15:03:40 -0400
From:      fichtner@homer.nwscc.sea06.navy.mil (Stephen Fichtner)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Pioneer 6 disk CDROM drive

Greetings.  Me and some colleagues have been mulling over the use of a
Pioneer 6 disk CDROM drive on a UNIX machine of some kind.  Right now we use
it on a 486 computer with Windows for Workgroups.  We have another computer
that is running a Windows Web Server.  Using Windows for Workgroups we can
connect to the Pioneer where each disk is assigned a drive letter in WFWG.
A little over kill but our experiments have been very successful.  Now we
want to get into a more secure environment even possibly running FreeBSD and
an UNIX Server or maybe even a UNIX Web Server.  But can and does FreeBSD
support the Pioneer drive (possibly more).  Can it map each disk to a drive
letter or make each disk accessible.  The answer to this question would help
us out a whole lot.  Thanks for your time.

Steve