Date:      Thu, 27 Sep 2001 08:34:25 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Mark Yeck" <y3k@gti.net>
To:        asek@nyc.rr.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Netware (was Re: yo! yo!)

> I need to know if its possible for freeBSD and Novell to communicate
> with each other and also is there any supported programs that work with
> Novell prefferbably for the version 5.0  and that can also take
> advatage of Novell's NDS.

To use FreeBSD as a Netware client, you can use ncplib from the ports. I use
it to mount netware volumes and print to netware print servers and it works
pretty good. It's not that easy to set up and there's not a ton of
documentation for it, but I may be able to help you if you have questions.

-mark