Date:      Wed, 11 Aug 2004 12:37:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jon Smirl <jonsmirl@yahoo.com>
To:        Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@nsu.ru>, eta@lclark.edu
Cc:        dri-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject:   Re: No DRM kernel support for i830 ?

There is a working i830 DRM driver for Linux in the old dri cvs in the
drm subdirectory. DRM is still using the old DRI tree CVS.

Try current DRM CVS and see if it will build the i830 driver for BSD. I
don't run BSD so I can't check. It might now be too much work to port
the Linux one over to BSD in the DRM tree.

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@dri.freedesktop.org:/cvs/dri co drm

(https://lists.csociety.org/pipermail/freebsd-xfree86/2002-April/000189.html):
> %%%
> cc -c -O -pipe -march=pentiumpro -Wall -Wredundant-decls
> -Wnested-externs -Wstr
> ict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline
> -Wcast-qual -fform
> at-extensions -ansi -nostdinc -I- -I. -I../.. -I../../../include
> -I../../contri
> b/ipfilter -D_KERNEL -include opt_global.h -elf
> -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2
> ../../dev/drm/i830_dma.c
> ../../dev/drm/i830_dma.c: In function `i830_getbuf':
> ../../dev/drm/i830_dma.c:1506: `current' undeclared (first use in
> this function)
> ../../dev/drm/i830_dma.c:1506: (Each undeclared identifier is
> reported only once
> ../../dev/drm/i830_dma.c:1506: for each function it appears in.)
> *** Error Code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src/sys/compile/KAWASAKI
> %%%
>
> I would be most grateful to anyone that could shine a bit of light on
> current situation, or at least give authoritative and complete answer
> on
> whether I can or cannot use DRM/DRI on FreeBSD with i830 for today.
>
> On Eric's page (http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/dri/) there's a
> TODO
> item that says "Port the i810 driver".  What is current status of
> this
> item?  Is there anything I can help with?
>
> In case there something that can be done to hack it around and make
> it
> work, I'd really love to hear how.  (Maybe there some untested or
> broken
> patches are floating around that one can make use of.)
>
> Thanks in advance.  Any information/pointers are most welmome.
>
> ./danfe

=====
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl@yahoo.com