Date:      Sat, 18 Mar 2000 19:57:28 -0800 (PST)
From:      mark thompson <mark@boris.tgsoft.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pccard drivers...

I have an Adaptec SlimSCSI 1460B which I used to use with success
on 2.2.something. FWIW, It maps to the aic driver.

In 3.4, it does not find the driver (find_driver in pccard.c
fails). It appears to be true that the fundamental problem is that the
aic driver is not in the list "drivers".

It also appears that the drivers that *are* in the list have code
like:
PCCARD_MODULE(ep, ep_pccard_init, ep_unload, card_intr, 0, net_imask);
and it implements _init _unload _intr, etc.

Now, I'm noticing that the driver dev/aic/aic_isa.c does not have
these things, but the driver i386/isa/aic6360.c does.

So, I am confused. Should I change 'files' to use aic6360.c or should
i try to retrofit the pccard stuff into aic_isa.c?

Or should i give it up as a bad idea?

-mark