Date:      Sat, 5 Apr 2003 12:32:36 +0200
From:      "Martin Tsanov" <cyberzone@odessos.org>
To:        "Jeff Reed" <saturn@serv.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: KVirc 3.0.0 beta 2

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Tsanov" <cyberzone@odessos.org>
To: "Jeff Reed" <saturn@serv.net>
Cc: <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 05, 2003 10:12 AM

./configure --with-freebsd-pthread --without-qt-check --without-kde-check

> > - Jeff
> >
> > On Friday 04 April 2003 11:12 am, Jeff Reed wrote:
sure
> > > that they are more capable in answering this question.
> > >
> > > I have wanted to use this port for a while, but it was only capable of
> > > using QT 2.x.x .  QT 2.x.x was not accpetable since I had QT 3.x.x.
QT
> 2
> > > and QT 3 have problems working on the same system.
> > >
> > > I will give this latest version a try.  If I have any success, I will
> let
> > > you know.  If you get it working, could you let me know?
> > >
> > > - Jeff
> >

> Thanks for the reply, Jeff.
> I also tried these flags for the configure part and it indeed configured,
> but then there were many many problems about missing include files,
> moc files and so on and so on. I then copied the missing include files
> in the right directories and this part passed, but then again there was
> a complaint about a moc file that I couldn't find anywhere.
> I think now I will go really for the KVirc.net's mailing list.
> If I have any success in installing this port, I'll let you know.
>
> Regards,
> Martin

YES, I did succeed in installing this program. However, I had to cvs to
the latest version from their cvs tree (KVirc 3 beta 3)
http://www.kvirc.net/?id=cvs,
then run

./autogen.sh
setenv QTDIT ....
setenv KDEDIR ...
./configure --with-freebsd-pthread --without-qt-check --without-kde-check

and then use gmake instead of make

gmake
there were  missing include files
/usr/include/linux/soundcard.h
/usr/include/linux/ioctl.h
/usr/include/linux/asm/ioctl.h

I copied these from a linux system and then there were no errors.
After that the program successfully installed and I happily run it in the
KDE environment. Hope that helps.
If you have the knowledge you can contribute this as a port,
since I do not know how to do it.

Regards, Martin