Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 1996 08:48:32 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mt

It seems that J Wunsch said:
> This basically means your drive doesn't support it.  My HP DAT at work

Mine is a SureTape 5000, a DDS-DC. I have the following dmesg output

(bt0:5:0): "HP HP35480A 1009" type 1 removable SCSI 2
st0(bt0:5:0): Sequential-Access density code 0x13,  drive empty

I think there is a jumper to enable/disable compression but:
- it is not written in the doc :-(
- I'd rather have a software switch.

> lets me edit the field, but any attempt to save the mode page (even
> unmodified) results in a parameter list length error. :-(  I'm stomped
> without a SCSI reference manual for the drive, but yet failed to find
> one.

The HP documentation is lacking on several points :-(
--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.frmug.fr.net
   FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #1: Sun Jan 14 20:23:45 MET 1996