Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 1995 16:45:59 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        jason@eon.webnet.com.au (Jason Hodges)
Cc:        questions@freeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: A few questions..

Jason Hodges stands accused of saying:
> I was told this was a very good place to ask FreeBSD questions.. well anyway
> here goes..

Nowhere any better 8)

> I want to have users login and choose an option from a menu that will then
> start PPP. It seems to work ok, as in connects and gives them the IP address
> as specified in /etc/ppp/options and they can ping the FreeBSD machine all
> ok but no other machines on the network.. ...

You either don't have IP forwarding turned on, or nothing on the network
knows about the other host.

Try
 sysctl -w net.inet.ip.forwarding=1

> ld.so: fvwm: libXpm.so.4.5: Undefined error: 0

You have to reboot to make the shared libraries available.

> Jason Hodges

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" -Terry Lambert  UNIX: live FreeBSD or die! [[