Date:      Wed, 22 Feb 1995 17:23:23 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@trout.sri.MT.net>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@ref.tfs.com>
Cc:        current@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: TRUE and FALSE

> The fundamental problem is that the source-tree should be self-contained.
>
> Just think about the benefit of a "make world" which will not hose your
> c-compiler if the c-compiler source is sick...

And just where am I going to install the new tools?  This assumes that I
have room for 2 completely independant 'systems' on the same box.  This
is very rarely the case for most folks.  And for those that do have the
room for both, an chroot tree works *almost* as good as doesn't cause a
lot of un-ncessary headache for the common case.

Nate