Date:      Mon, 11 May 1998 01:06:02 -0500
From:      "Nitro" <Nitro@fwi.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Limit'd in login.conf

Yes i have run the mkbd for the login.conf..   It creates the
login.conf.db file in the /etc dir where the login.conf file is
located.

The OS did not recognize all 128 meg of Ram so i did the maxmem
option, but it seems no matter what i do i cannot get the datasize
higher than 64 meg.. I know others that have gotten this limit set to
infinity on older versions of bsd but thier machines detected the 128
meg..

Some specific instructions as what do do would be greatly appreciated
i have tried this for 2 weeks now with no results :(

here is my present limit: limit
cputime         unlimited
filesize        unlimited
datasize        65536 kbytes