Date:      Thu, 23 Feb 2017 21:55:56 +0100
From:      Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@digiware.nl>
To:        Alan Somers <asomers@freebsd.org>, Jim Rowan <jmr@computing.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: TravisCI vs BuildBot vs Bamboo vs Jenkins

On 22-2-2017 19:12, Alan Somers wrote:
> I think I need to emphasize more that the key feature for me is Github
> integration.  I want to use one of these tools with a project that is
> hosted in Github.  It's not my project, so I can't move it even if I
> wanted to.  WJW's example gets half of the integration I would like;
> he shows how Jenkins can pull information out of Github.  But it
> doesn't show how to push information back into Github.  Does anybody
> have any examples of using Jenkins, Bamboo, Buildbot etc to push build
> pass/fail notifications back into Github?

I'm doing very little after the build has completed, but looking at the
config, it is possible to add new actions after building had finished.
This is in the pull-down, sorry some of it is dutch, but perhaps you get
the drift. The [] wording is my crude translation.

    Archiveer de artefacten [archive]
    Bouw ander project. [build other]
    Leg de vingerafdrukken van bestanden vast om hun gebruik te volgen.
        [fingerprint]
    Publiceer rapport van de JUnit-testresultaten [publicise]
    Verzamel testresultaten van onderliggende projecten
	[collect children]
    Git Publisher
    E-mail Notificatie
    Editable Email Notification
    Set GitHub commit status (universal)
    Set build status on GitHub commit [deprecated]
    Delete workspace when build is done

And then there are "lots" of plugins, and I guess that they will also
add more reporting.

--WjW