Date:      Sat, 29 Mar 2003 23:24:48 +0000
From:      "clayton rollins" <crollins666@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        bombli@yahoo.com
Subject:   Re: ati rage 128 and X

On Sun, 30 Mar 2003 14:08:09 -0600
kitsune <kitbsdlists@HotPOP.com> wrote:
>Subject: Re:
>To: adam <bombli@yahoo.com>
>Cc: questions@FreeBSD.org
>
>On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 17:46:14 -0800 (PST)
>adam <bombli@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > I have a problem when installing freeBSD 5.0. I can
> > not find my vedio card. my card is: ATI rage 128. but
> > I can not find it when config my Xserver.
> >
> > thanks so much for you reply.
>
>More info would be nice, but try XFree86 -configure

I had a similar problem on a recent install.
If the rest of your setup went fine, just edit XF86Config to reflect the
card.
Something like this 'should' work:

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "ATI Rage 128"
    Driver      "r128"
    #VideoRam    8192
    # Insert Clocks lines here if appropriate
EndSection

If you still have problems, check the content of /var/log/XFree86.0.log for
more details...

try http://www.google.com/bsd to find other examples...