Date:      Thu, 2 Aug 2012 11:01:53 -0700
From:      Jim Harris <jimharris@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   bio_flags (BIO_ORDERED) and g_clone_bio()

I'm trying to understand how the BIO_ORDERED flag ever gets passed
down to disk consumers (i.e. daX)  It's obvious that g_io_flush() sets
the BIO_ORDERED flag, but when the bio gets cloned, the bio_flags do
not get cloned.  So while the FLUSH command does make it to the disk
consumer, it is without the BIO_ORDERED flag.  I'm sure some flags are
not meant to be cloned, but is seems BIO_ORDERED should.

I'm sure I'm missing something here, but haven't figured it out yet.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Jim