Date:      Thu, 10 Jul 2008 15:54:22 +0200
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Cc:        netperf-admins@freebsd.org, Sam Leffler <sam@freebsd.org>, netperf-users@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: netperf 10gige switch back online!

Mike Tancsa wrote:
> At 09:00 PM 7/9/2008, Sam Leffler wrote:
>> The pci-x cards are neterion I believe.  I thought we had 2 intel SR
>> cards?
>
> Yes, forgot about the second PCI-E intel nic. I put that in bear1.
> However, I seem to recall it needing a special driver or a modification
> to the stock driver to attach ?
>
> none5@pci0:1:0:0:       class=0x020000 card=0xa15f8086 chip=0x10c78086
> rev=0x01 hdr=0x00
>     vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
>     class      = network
>     subclass   = ethernet

Yeah, the ixgb driver in the tree doesn't see it.  I got a new driver
from jfv a few months ago which worked but had very bad performance
problems.  At that point I hit a different panic and hydra2 is still
offline (waiting for Jeff to free up some cycles), so I havent followed
up with him recently.

Kris