Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 2006 16:16:37 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <netchild@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Mikhail Teterin <mi+kde@aldan.algebra.com>
Cc:        Thierry Thomas <thierry@FreeBSD.org>, multimedia@FreeBSD.org, shaun@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Please, test new port: helixplugin

Quoting Mikhail Teterin <mi+kde@aldan.algebra.com> (from Mon, 23 Oct =20
2006 09:43:40 -0400):

> On Monday 23 October 2006 03:59, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> =3D Have a look at the way Real is distributing this for Linux or =20
> Solaris.  =3D And they do the work, not I or someone else =20
> @FreeBSD.org. We just have  =3D a look at the logs and tell them the =20
> cause of the problems we see. So  =3D we are locked to their standard =20
> way of distributing RealPlayer.
>
> Ah, Ok -- so you are not working on a port (in the /usr/ports sense of the
> word)...

Right.

> I don't think, Real will ever do it optimally (the way a port  =20
> would), nor will
> they support all our architectures... They build their own libz, libbz2,
> libjpeg, for crying out loud :-)

At least I pointed out some stuff in the helixplayer patches... let's =20
wait what happens.

 --

I didn't tested it. I'm at work currently (only Solaris and Windows =20
machines here...).

> P.S. The plugin port I posted contains a fix for one crucial bug (search f=
or
> realloc) and some other useful stuff (vfork over fork, Gecko headers). If =
you
> have Real's ear, you may be able to push the fixes through :-)

Thanks for the heads-up, I try push this stuff into their hands.

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
http://www.Leidinger.net  Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID =3D B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org     netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID =3D 72077137
Remain silent about your intentions until you are sure