Date:      Mon, 8 Dec 1997 08:57:20 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org (Questions FreeBSD)
Subject:   migrating to new disk

Hi,
	I bought a new disk yesterday and need to move my system over to
it. I bought Drive Copy to move Win95. The book made me think there was
a chance that it would move FreeBSD too, but it didn't. But it did, Windows
quite well.

	Anyway, what I figured on doing was:

	Boot old disk.
	create and newfs my partitions on my new disk
	use dd, tar, cpio, dump/restore to move stuff.

Seem reasonable? I'm thinking dd of the raw partitions would be easiest,
but then I wouldn't be able to increase partition sizes with it.

Will I have to worry about the boot block?

Paul.

--
"We survived _Monsters A Go-Go_ we can survive anything!" - Joel Robinson