Date:      Tue, 10 Jun 1997 07:24:38 +0100
From:      Joshua Fielden <shag@concentric.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mounting breaks my machine.

.... I have upgraded to 2.2.2-Release, and twice after mounting a file
system <once MSDOS partition, once my old 2.1.5 CD> I have rebooted and
only root would mount. I would chalk this up to bad luck, but I have
rebooted countless times in the last 5 days or so, in an effort to get
my machine up and running, and the two times this happened, over two
installs of 2.2.2, have been when I have used the mount command. Has
anyone else seen this happen, or am I it? I'm using:
mount file_system device mount_point
for my command line. I would chalk it up to some configuration error,
except that one of the times, the only sytem config I changed was an
emulation in rc.conf and the other time I only ran X and Netscape, then
rebooted.

JF