Date:      Fri, 7 May 1999 08:34:39 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freeBSD.org
Subject:   FWD: List of Locales in FreeBSD 3.X/4.X

Can someone send the list to 'java-port@FreeBSD.org'?  Thanks!

------- start of forwarded message -------
From: Keith White <Keith.White@site.uottawa.ca>
Subject: I need the list of locales for FreeBSD [34].*
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 10:19:27 -0400 (EDT)

I'm ready to fix the locale problem with 1.1.7 but I need the list
of locales for FreeBSD [34].* (in particular the Euro supporting
ones) to make sure it'll work for all.

BTW:It's possible that FreeBSD has a bug in locale names:
	lt_LN.ASCII lt_LN.ISO8859-1 lt_LN.ISO8859-2
refer to Latin (at least "LANG=lt_LN.ASCII date" gives Latin dates) whereas
ISO639 defines the language 'lt' as Lithuanian and there is no region
'LN' in ISO3166.

Perhaps the FreeBSD locales should be:
	la.ASCII la.ISO8859-1 la.ISO8859-2

Since the JDK doesn't currently have support for a Latin locale, but
does have a Lithuanian locale, I intend to map "lt_LN" to "en" (the
default).

...keith
--
Keith White, EITI/SITE, University of Ottawa
kwhite@site.uottawa.ca [+1 613 562 5800 x6681] FAX [+1 613 562 5187]

------- end of forwarded message -------