Date:      Sat, 22 Mar 2003 21:56:46 +1100
From:      John Vender <john@jmv.com.au>
To:        "ive ---" <bis50@mail.ru>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: multiuser with FreeBSD

On Saturday, March 22, 2003, at 09:20 PM, ive --- wrote:

> Using a FreeBsd system ruuning on x86 PC can we use one desktop(one
> computer) with 4 terminals (4 monitors & keyboards connected to one
> motherboard). If we can what must be done to provide this.

yes, FreeBSD is capable of multiuser operation. You can use either dumb
terminals or PCs running terminal emulation software connected to the
FreeBSD machine using serial cables. There are cards you can install in
the FreeBSD machine that provide the serial ports needed to connect the
terminals.

Cheers...John