Date:      Mon, 7 Feb 2000 10:17:55 -0800
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        Matthew Jonkman <jonkman@bussert.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Root report filtering

* Matthew Jonkman <jonkman@bussert.com> [000207 09:13] wrote:
> Is there a way or a port that can filter through the daily and cron reports
> from multiple servers and only forward on the reports with differences?
>
> I really want to keep an eye on all the servers I handle but am getting
> inundated with identical log reports.

Check out procmail (ports/mail/procmail) it allows you to invoke filters
and regex on your mail, you may be able to combine the effect of 'diff'
against a template and filtering out changes regarding just hostnames
to route all mail that matches a template to /dev/null or a holding box
while flagging mail that differs too much to a special mailbox.

let us know :)

-Alfred