Date:      Tue, 21 Nov 2000 07:30:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira" <lioux@uol.com.br>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/22950

The following reply was made to PR ports/22950; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira" <lioux@uol.com.br>
To: Jason R Mastaler <jason@mastaler.com>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 13:13:24 -0200

 On Sun, Nov 19, 2000 at 09:01:13PM -0700, Jason R Mastaler wrote:
 > "Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira" <lioux@uol.com.br> writes:
 >
 > > The configure is crashing at
 > >
 > > configure:4354: checking for getpagesize
 > > configure:4407: checking for working mmap
 > > configure:4580: checking whether to use mmap
 > > configure:4656: checking for audio support
 > > configure:4775: checking whether to enable profiling
 > > configure:4789: checking whether to enable debugging
 > > configure:4876: checking whether to enable experimental code
 > > (end of "config.log")
 > > *** Error code 1
 >
 > It builds and installs fine for me on two different 4.1.1 machines.
 >
 > Are you sure this isn't a general problem specific to your system?
 > Can you figure out why configure is crashing on you?

 	I found the bugger. Interesting enough, if CFLAGS
 is set to

 CFLAGS="-O -pipe -pipe -Wall -march=pentium -Os"

 which is the default case on my system. The configure
 scripts hits the ground.

 	Removing the first -O fixs it but it should
 not be needed since gcc uses the last one.

 From gcc(1): "If you use multiple -O  options,  with  or  without
 level numbers, the last such option is the one that is effective."

 	Two choices here:

 	1) Either set CFLAGS to a static value "officially" declaring
 this port CFLAGS_unsafe, e.g., CFLAGS="-O -pipe";
 	2) or fixing the configure script.

 	Can somebody else reproduce this?

 --
 Mario S F Ferreira - UnB - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
 lioux at ( freebsd dot org | linf dot unb dot br )