Date:      Fri, 29 Dec 1995 09:03:48 -0800
From:      Paul Traina <pst@shockwave.com>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD-current users), wollman@lcs.mit.edu
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/lib/libc/gen getpass.c

  From: J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
  As Paul Traina wrote:
  * Where have you been on Dec 10, when i've been asking in -current
    (Subject: getpass() and SIGINT) whether somebody objects?

Belize... I just got back.

  * No, this hasn't changed the behaviour of getpass() in accepting any
    of the signalling characters; they had to be quoted with ^V (or
    whatever your lnext character is set to) anyway, as well as for
    example ^\.  The only change is that the ^C interpretation is now
    immediate, while you first had to press enter in order to see the
    effect of you intr previously.

Wait, are you trying to tell me that ^V^C would not normally generate a
signal?  I find that difficult to believe, although I haven't tested it.