Date:      Sat, 4 Mar 2000 13:32:25 +0100 (CET)
From:      Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
To:        uwe.laverenz@difi.de
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tandberg SLR-50

In article <38BBA179.6DE313AA@difi.de> you write:
>Hi,
>
>one of our HP DDS3 streamers died recently and I'd like to replace both
>our HP-drives with 2 Tandberg SLR-50 streamers. I think the Tandbergs
>(drives and media) are far more robust and reliable.

Yes at least the technology sure is (successor of QIC), no rotatig
heads for one...

>My questions: is this the right way to go under FreeBSD? Are there any
>known problems with these drives? What are your experiences?

 Well i haven't (yet?) tried such a drive but i wouldn't expect problems.
(i only have an old QIC525 drive at home which i got back when my largest
disk was 240MB...  still works, tho it rarely gets used now cause CDRW
media are now much cheaper than QIC525 tapes.  but i think i didn't even
have to clean the heads yet, the thing just runs and runs...)

 Regards,
--
Juergen Lock <nox.foo@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
(remove dot foo from address to reply)