Date:      Thu, 04 Oct 2007 17:33:12 -0500
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        jahnke@sonatabio.com
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (minor) issues after upgrading to 2.20

On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 16:32:29 -0500, Frank Jahnke <jahnke@sonatabio.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 15:47 -0500, Jeremy Messenger wrote:

<snip>
>> > 4.  The Tomboy icon is missing
>>
>> Do you mean by in GNOME's menu? If you do, then I can't reproduce it. It
>> is in Accessories -> Tomyboy Notes.
>
> No; I had a Tomboy icon on my top panel.  It vanished.  Tomboy also
> worked once
> and failed once after the upgrade.  Here's the error message:
>
> ** ERROR **: _wapi_shm_semaphores_init: semget error: No space left on
> device.
> Try deleting some semaphores with ipcs and ipcrm or increase the maximum
> number
> of semaphore in the system.
> aborting...
> Stacktrace:
>
> I've not investigated yet.  I do find Tomboy to be surprisingly useful
> for simple things like to-do lists.

It's known for Mono stuff. Check in ports/lang/mono/pkg-message.

<snip>
>> > 10. There are no updates of Fifth Toe or Power tools yet.
>>
>> What do you mean by this? I can't read your mind. :-) The Fifth Toe
>> should
>> be at 2.20.0 and has a new dependency, gnome-devel-docs. But I noticed
>> that I need to fix gnome-themes-extras dependency in there. As for the
>> Power tools, it's same on 2.20.0 but I noticed that there is a bug that
>> need to update epiphany's path. I will fix it.
>
> When I finished the portupgrade, I received the following message:
>
> ** Listing the failed packages (*:skipped / !:failed)^
>         ! x11/gnome2-fifth-toe (gnome2-fifth-toe-2.18.3)        (install
> error)
>         ! x11/gnome2-power-tools (gnome2-power-tools-2.18.3)    (install
> error)
>
> I take your reply to mean that the pieces were indeed updated, but there
> is no corresponding entry (yet) for the port entries.

Both of ports should be fixed as I have committed.

>> > 11. Automatic spell checking does not work in Epiphany, though it does
>> > in Firefox.
>>
>> Because it is not enable. :-) It is disable by default in the configure
>> and it claimed that it is experimental. If you run 'make configure' and
>> you will see this:
>>
>>          [...]
>>          Spellchecker               : no (experimental)
>>
>> I can add a knob option to allow you to enable it if you want me to.
>
> Hmmm.  That worked for me before (in 2.18.x), and I don't recall doing
> anything special last time.  I has been quite a while since I installed
> it, though.  A knob would be useful, as my typing is not that accurate
> (-DWHAT?).
<snip>

I will add something like WITH_SPELLCHECK.

I will checking more and finish with your complete email when I get back
tonight.

Cheers,
Mezz

--
mezz7@cox.net  -  mezz@FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)