Date:      Wed, 13 May 1998 11:15:45 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Remy NONNENMACHER <remy@synx.com>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD vs Linux

On 12 May, Amancio Hasty wrote:

> In brief, FreeBSD is not currently being recognized because we have
> failed to capture the moments, our great success stories are not
> marketed at all,  and we are almost destructively silent
> about the prowess of FreeBSD.
>
> The good news is that currently perhaps the world is going to start
> looking for alternative OS solutions and since the server like
> orientation that our core team has taken us , we are now
> a strong server alternative and our desktops are very very
> stable. Additionally, our  ports/package repository and our client/server
> software update cvs sup makes us a formidable platform . This is
> not lip service this is the way I see FreeBSD.
>
> 	*We need marketing and apps that is all*

What i understood is that it's the time to prepare Press materials for
the moment they will all start looking around for alternatives.

I would have been happy collecting that but, unfortunetly, i'm not a US
native and language is an important issue.

However, i would be happy writting article scripts about FreeBSD usage
cases in Europe i can find. Somewhere to send ?, someone to fix them ?

I guess that if 20 of us do the same, we would quickly have a choice of
perf cases, every-day cases, etc..

------

FreeBSD: nil computum a me alienare puto
(FreeBSD: nothing that is computer science is unknown to me)