Date:      Sat, 28 Nov 2009 10:24:00 -0800
From:      "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@tristatelogic.com>
To:        marcus@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/140563: net/avahi-app doesn't build - depends on missing "gnome-config"

In message <200911262110.nAQLAcdG090998@freefall.freebsd.org>, you wrote:

>Synopsis: net/avahi-app doesn't build - depends on missing "gnome-config"
>
>State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
>State-Changed-By: marcus
>State-Changed-When: Thu Nov 26 21:10:01 UTC 2009
>State-Changed-Why:
>Post a list of all install ports/packages, and the config.log from the
>avahi-app WRKSRC directory.
>
>http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=140563

Ummm... its a bit too late for that.

I already found that package that contained "gnome-config" and installed
it.

However, after doing that, I then ran into _this_ new and different problem
when trying to build avahi-app.  Can you help me with this?

checking for gmsgfmt... (cached) /usr/local/bin/msgfmt
checking for xgettext... (cached) /usr/local/bin/xgettext
checking for pkg-config... yes
checking for pkg-config... /usr/local/bin/pkg-config
checking for GLIB20... yes
checking for GOBJECT... yes
checking for DBUS... yes
Error: Couldn't determine the version of your D-Bus package.
  This is probably an error in this script, please report it
  along with the following information:
      Base D-Buss version =''
      DBUS_VERSION_MAJOR='0'
      DBUS_VERSION_MINOR='0'
      DBUS_VERSION_MICRO='0'
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please run the gnomelogalyzer, available from
"http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/gnomelogalyzer.sh", which will diagnose the
problem and suggest a solution. If - and only if - the gnomelogalyzer cannot
solve the problem, report the build failure to the FreeBSD GNOME team at
gnome@FreeBSD.org, and attach (a)
"/usr/ports/net/avahi-app/work/avahi-0.6.25/config.log", (b) the output of
the failed make command, and (c) the gnomelogalyzer output. Also, it might
be a good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on your system
(i.e. an `ls /var/db/pkg`). Put your attachment up on any website,
copy-and-paste into http://freebsd-gnome.pastebin.com, or use send-pr(1) with
the attachment. Try to avoid sending any attachments to the mailing list
(gnome@FreeBSD.org), because attachments sent to FreeBSD mailing lists are
usually discarded by the mailing list software.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net/avahi-app.
%

Anyway, as my bug report noted (and as I think you can easily verify)
the port of net/avahi-app does in fact depend upon the presense of
"gnome-config", and there is, apparently, no package/port dependency
for net/avahi-app which _necessarily_ causes gnome-config to be installed.
Thus, building _can_ (and does) sometimes fail for net/avahi-app, because
gnome-config may not be present.

Do you actually need more information to verify thuis simple fact?