Date:      Fri, 7 Jul 2000 09:15:48 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      "Wilhelm B. Kloke" <wb@vestein.arb-phys.uni-dortmund.de>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Some progress with: Creatix PnP on 4.0-RELEASE

Hi,

I earlier reported having a problem with Creatix PnP card on
FreeBSD-4.0. The crash is due to an adress conflict caused by the
following situation:

The card occupies 2 IO-ranges: 0x120-0x13f and 0x180-0x1bf by PnP.
the driver (commented with Fixme; please do!) wants to have
0x100-0x13f and 0x160-... for reasons I do not understand. The latter
range is in conflict with IDE 1 on 0x170 (which cannot be changed).
After disabling IDE1 the kernel worked fine, including ISDN.

Now the main problem is solved for migrating to 4.0 on my system.
The situation is not acceptable, though. I need to access my
CD-ROM on the 2nd IDE port.

AFAIS the PnP IO-range is sufficient for the card. Why the heck does
the driver need to access the ports with offset 0x3e?
--
Dipl.-Math. Wilhelm Bernhard Kloke
Institut fuer Arbeitsphysiologie an der Universitaet Dortmund