Date:      Fri, 14 Mar 1997 00:18:15 +1100
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd@magnet.geophysik.tu-freiberg.de
Subject:   Re: CTM-deltas over ftp ?

>where can I get the cvs-cur CTM deltas over ftp now since
>spatter.freebsd.org is down ?

spatter is dead.

>I have mirrored these here since cvs-cur.1700A.

They are very difficult to get.  The CTM servers mentioned in the
handbook all suffer from serious problems:

ftp://freefall.freebsd.org/pub/CTM
    Only has gnats.  Hasn't had the others since they moved to spatter.

ftp://ftp.cs.tu-berlin.de/pub/FreeBSD/CTM
    Only has cvs-cur up to when spatter died (cvs-cur.3112.gz).  Since
    I only want cvs-cur, I didn't look at what else it has.

ftp://ftp.uni-trier.de/pub/unix/systems/BSD/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/CTM
    Doesn't have cvs-cur.

ftp://ftp.internat.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/CTM
    Has everything, but has a very slow link.  I got #3113-3116 from
    there the other day when there was 50-100% packet loss, dozens of
    ftp disconnects and an average speed of < 20 bytes/second!

ftp://ftp.ccu.edu.tw/pub/freebsd/CTM
    Doesn't have cvs-cur.

>Must I use CVSUP now ?

No.  CTM by mail works fine, except it doesn't seem to be able to send
old deltas.

Bruce