Date:      Mon, 20 Nov 95 13:14:06 CST
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@solaria.sol.net>
To:        announce@freebsd.org
Subject:   Another FTP mirror of 2.1R

Hello,

I've set up an FTP mirror of 2.1R (and most of 2.0.5R) on
ftp.freebsd.sol.net:/pub/FreeBSD.  This should be a nice fast link if you
are close to the Chicago POPs operated by Sprint, MCI, or Ameritech.
Connectivity is good to WiscNet, Alpha.Net, CICnet, and other network
neighbors.  There is currently a 10-user limit which I will tune once I get
a better idea of how badly I am (or am not) getting bashed.

PLEASE remember that wcarchive is an extremely overloaded site, especially
right about now!  Use the mirror sites when possible, and it will be a much
happier situation all around (also much FASTER for you!)

I am also working on a SUP server which I will announce when I am satisfied
with the operation..

... Joe