Date:      Wed, 26 Apr 1995 16:55:25 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "William A. Arbaugh" <waarbau@super.org>
To:        Tom Roden <tom@batc.allied.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with SNAP 0412

> > A problem has appeared with SNAP 0412 that was not present in previous
> > snapshots:
> >
> > Installation of the boot floppy and cpio floppy proceed without incident.
> > Kernel correctly identifies both hard drives (model and geometry).  Upon
> > reboot from the hard disk, everything proceeds normally until I get the
> > 'changing root device to wd1a' message, at which point the computer locks up
> > and the only solution is to push reset.

I've spent most the day now trying various set ups with my two SCSI
drives, and all reboot's from the hard disk hang after the message
'changing root device to sd0a'.  This machine was running the 0322 SNAP
without problem.  I'm going to grab the 0322 floppies and try an install
with them to see what happens.

I'm pretty much at a loss at this point.  I tried to grap the crashkit
off of freefall, and the directory is empty.  I saw a message about a new
fixit disk recently.  Where can I grap it, and I'll see what I can do
with that.

Any ideas?

			bill

Bill Arbaugh			"Waste of time is the most
waarbau@super.org		 extravagant of all expenses"
waa@dsl.cis.upenn.edu			-Theophrastus