Date:      Mon, 05 Apr 1999 18:56:16 -0800
From:      "Saraswathi Mukherjee" <saradausa@zdnetmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   newbie fears

Hi

I am trying to install FreeBSD 2.2.7 in my home
machine which is a Intel pentium 4.3 Gb Hard drive
32MB RAM with Windows95 already installed. My primary
partition drive (C:\)(1.99Gb capacity) has about
750Mb already filled with files.

I have LBA BIOS in my system. Does this mean, I don't
have to worry about the 1024 cylinder limit and can
freely install FreeBSD say after first 800Mb on the
C: drive. I saw a statement at your freeBSD site
at http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/multios/multios.html
supporting this. I am confused about this partition
problem. I would appreciate any help from
experienced unix pro's

Thanks in advance
Sara

saradausa@zdnetmail.com

Free web-based email, anytime, anywhere!
ZDNet Mail - http://www.zdnetmail.com