Date:      Sun, 8 Feb 2004 22:46:00 -0500
From:      "Matthew Bertrand" <meb@bardenent.com>
To:        "'Alex Teslik'" <alex@acatysmoof.com>
Cc:        'list-freebsd-questions' <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: struggling with hylafax installation

This could be an IRQ problem. I'd suggest trying an IRQ other than 2. IRQ 2
has some special meaning (it is the cascade interrupt), and it may not be
playing well with your modem. Look through your BIOS to see if you can
assign that card/PCI slot a specific IRQ (preferably one that is not used by
anything else), or try switching PCI slots. If you aren't using your serial
ports, try to disable them and assign one of the IRQs (3 or 4) to your
modem.

-Matthew Bertrand