Date:      Tue, 29 Aug 2000 11:41:47 +0200 (METDST)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        leifn@neland.dk (Leif Neland)
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Niccy go, will soft reboot be possible someday?

From the keyboard of Leif Neland:

> I've got a Niccy go isdn adapter.
>
> If I just do a reboot, when fbsd comes up again, I get lots of error
> messages from the kernel, "Still in state F3" and a lot of others.
>
> I have to shutdown, power off and on again, to reboot.
>
> It seems the card is not being properly reset.

I tried to reproduce it here, but all works as expected here.

There is no special register on this card where one could "reset" the card,
there is only the ISAC and HSCX registers and this card is handled like
any other Siemens-based card with respect to resetting it.

I have also checked old i4b versions in case something might have changed
(it hasn't) and i checked the isdn4linux sources if they do something
magic with this card (they don't).

I have no idea what might go wrong with your setup.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 55 97 47-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 55 97 47-77