Date:      Fri, 29 Jun 2007 12:48:19 +0200 (CEST)
From:      freebsd.lists@fsck.ch
To:        "Minseok Choi" <eraser95@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BIND Configuration

-- snip bind question --

And how exactly is this related to FreeBSD -STABLE? I don't want to be
picky, but asking bind questions on bind-specific mailing lists and not
somewhere else is helpful to everybody. After all, someone else might have
the same problem as you, and he/she probably won't search for bind-related
problems on a FreeBSD list, thus not finding any helpful answers that
might be given to you here.

And no, the argument that your run your bind on a FreeBSD box doesn't
count. That would be the same as asking a question about Photoshop in a
Windows forum, just because you happen to run your Photoshop on a Windows
box.

And for all the people who answered this question, please don't do that
anymore. The best thing, in my opinion, would be to privately ask the
poster to repost to another, better suited mailing list. You can still be
nice and answer the question, of course, but first advise the poster of
where to ask next time.

Minseok, please don't take this personal. I write similar messages every
once in a while, this time it just happened to hit you. All I am trying to
do is keeping the net a bit more sane.

Thanks,
Tobias