Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2001 01:02:59 -0400
From:      "Michael Silver" <msilver@sc.rr.com>
To:        "Melody Akins" <unixpower@hotmail.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Another Beginner Squeaks Up

Be ready, depending on how expereinced you are, you will pull some hair out,
but it's all worth it.  Eventually you will get more and more use to the OS,
and you will also begin to respect it.  For example, I can't stand the
graphical installs of linux, it just doesn't give me the control I need.

As others have mentioned setup a second computer.  Mine is in my garage
(along with the 90+ degree weather) and I simply connect to it via a telnet
session on my windows PC.  I still think Windows is the best graphical
environment and I prefer to use explorer (or Opera) to browse the web and
search out help while I work on my FreeBSD machine.  Of course many people
prefer X windows.

A good starting point is to set a goal, such as setting up a web server, and
go from there.  There are a ton of great sites offering step by step
instructions on how to setup the OS and other apps.  I am also finding the
Handbook to be more and more helpful the more I look at it.

...Michael...