Date:      Mon, 18 Jun 2001 10:30:16 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Michiel De Wilde <michiel.dewilde@rug.ac.be>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/28252: New port: xpp: A tool for choosing and configuring the desired printer

>Number:         28252
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       New port: xpp: A tool for choosing and configuring the desired printer
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
The X Printing Panel (XPP) is a completely free (under the GNU General Public
License - GPL) tool for easy choosing of the desired printer out of a list of
all available printers and for setting printer options by an easy-to-use
graphical user interface. One simply calls the program (xpp) instead of the
usual utilities (lpr or lp) at the command line or out of applications.
>How-To-Repeat:
>Fix:
# This is a shell archive.  Save it in a file, remove anything before
# this line, and then unpack it by entering "sh file".  Note, it may
# create directories; files and directories will be owned by you and
# have default permissions.
#
# This archive contains:
#
#	xpp
#	xpp/pkg-plist
#	xpp/pkg-descr
#	xpp/pkg-comment
#	xpp/distinfo
#	xpp/Makefile
#	xpp/files
#	xpp/files/patch-aa
#
echo c - xpp
mkdir -p xpp > /dev/null 2>&1
echo x - xpp/pkg-plist
sed 's/^X//' >xpp/pkg-plist << 'END-of-xpp/pkg-plist'
Xbin/xpp
END-of-xpp/pkg-plist
echo x - xpp/pkg-descr
sed 's/^X//' >xpp/pkg-descr << 'END-of-xpp/pkg-descr'
XThe X Printing Panel (XPP) is a completely free (under the GNU General Public
XLicense - GPL) tool for easy choosing of the desired printer out of a list of
Xall available printers and for setting printer options by an easy-to-use
Xgraphical user interface. One simply calls the program (xpp) instead of the
Xusual utilities (lpr or lp) at the command line or out of applications.
XAdvantages and features:
X* One sees always which printers are available on the network and one can
X  choose the desired one easily.
X* One can start the program at the command line or out of applications. The
X  name of the file to print can be chosen by a built-in file browser or given
X  as a command line argument. Also standard input can be printed.  One does
X  not need to remember and type cryptic command line arguments to access to
X  the printer's features. The options can easily be chosen in a dialog window.
X* All advanced features of most printers (at least of all PostScript ones) as
X  duplex units, additional paper trays or even folders and staplers can be
X  used with XPP. So you can make use of all the features of your printer
X  without using any proprietary software.  For non-PostScript printers using
X  GhostScript for PostScript rendering all options described in the printer
X  database of Grant Taylor (www.linuxprinting.org) are supported, even the
X  numerical ones which are not supported by ESP Print Pro. The numerical
X  options allow things as colour adjustmant for many inkjet printers (Epson,
X  Canon, HP) and head alignment for Lexmark inkjets.
X* There are a lot of preprocessing options for your documents as choosing the
X  pages to print, setting brightness and gamma correction, appearance of text
X  or image printouts, and so on ...  XPP is mostly compatible to the command
X  line tools of CUPS: It accepts the command line options of lpr and most of
X  lp. The personal settings of the printing options are stored in the
X  ~/.lpotions file as by the lpoptions command.
X* When accessing to a password-protected printer a dialog window for easy
X  entering of login name and password pops up. By the possibility also to
X  enter the login name (which you do not have with the command line utilities)
X  you can also use a printer on a server where your account has another login
X  name.
X* Completely free software under the terms of the GNU General Public License
X  (GPL)
XCUPS and the CUPS logo are the trademark property of Easy Software products.
XAll other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
XWWW: http://cups.sourceforge.net/xpp/
END-of-xpp/pkg-descr
echo x - xpp/pkg-comment
sed 's/^X//' >xpp/pkg-comment << 'END-of-xpp/pkg-comment'
XA tool for choosing and configuring the desired printer
END-of-xpp/pkg-comment
echo x - xpp/distinfo
sed 's/^X//' >xpp/distinfo << 'END-of-xpp/distinfo'
XMD5 (xpp-1.0.tar.gz) = fc2649b2db29a3ae4bec6842ccd8e268
END-of-xpp/distinfo
echo x - xpp/Makefile
sed 's/^X//' >xpp/Makefile << 'END-of-xpp/Makefile'
X# New ports collection makefile for:	xpp
X# Date created:		15 June 2001
X# Whom:			Michiel De Wilde
X#
X# $FreeBSD$
X#
XPORTNAME=	xpp
XPORTVERSION=	1.0
XCATEGORIES=	print
XMASTER_SITES=	http://download.sourceforge.net/cups/ \
X		ftp://cups.sourceforge.net/pub/cups/xpp/
XMAINTAINER=	Michiel De Wilde <michiel.dewilde@rug.ac.be>
XLIB_DEPENDS=	cups.2:${PORTSDIR}/print/cups \
X		fltk.1:${PORTSDIR}/x11-toolkits/fltk
XUSE_XLIB=	yes
XUSE_MESA=	yes
XUSE_AUTOMAKE=	yes
XUSE_AUTOCONF=	yes
XUSE_GMAKE=	yes
XCFLAGS+=	-pthread
XCONFIGURE_ENV=	CPPFLAGS=-I${LOCALBASE}/include LDFLAGS=-L${LOCALBASE}/lib
Xpost-configure:
X	@${TOUCH} ${TOUCH_FLAGS} ${WRKSRC}/aclocal.m4
X	@${TOUCH} ${TOUCH_FLAGS} ${WRKSRC}/configure
X.include <bsd.port.mk>
END-of-xpp/Makefile
echo c - xpp/files
mkdir -p xpp/files > /dev/null 2>&1
echo x - xpp/files/patch-aa
sed 's/^X//' >xpp/files/patch-aa << 'END-of-xpp/files/patch-aa'
X--- configure.in.orig	Mon Jun 18 09:32:04 2001
X+++ configure.in	Mon Jun 18 09:17:46 2001
X@@ -31,6 +31,8 @@
X LIBS="$LIBS$X_LIBS$X_EXTRA_LIBS$X_PRE_LIBS"
X CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS $X_CFLAGS"
X+dnl Replace `main' with a function in -lm:
X+AC_CHECK_LIB(m, main)
X dnl Replace `main' with a function in -lX11:
X AC_CHECK_LIB(X11, main,,,$LIBS)
X dnl Replace `main' with a function in -lXext:
X@@ -47,8 +49,6 @@
X AC_CHECK_LIB(fltk, main,LIBS="$LIBFLTKA $LIBS",,$LIBS)
X dnl Replace `main' with a function in -lfltk:
X dnl AC_CHECK_LIB(fltk, main,,,$LIBS)
X-dnl Replace `main' with a function in -lm:
X-AC_CHECK_LIB(m, main)
X dnl Checks for header files.
X AC_HEADER_STDC
X AC_CHECK_HEADERS(cups/cups.h FL/Fl.H)