Date:      Fri, 24 Jan 2003 05:03:20 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
To:        "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@nitro.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bsd.*.mk documentation

On 2003-01-23 23:35, "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@nitro.dk> wrote:
> Do there exist any documentation of the bsd.*.mk files beyond the
> out of date bsd.README in /usr/share/doc ?

None that I know of.  I usually try to find my way through the
makefiles by reading comments.

> I been using the bsd.*.mk makefiles for some time and was thinking about
> writing/updateing some of the documentation so other people can see how
> easy they can make software building.
>
> Is anybody else looking at updating/documenting this ?

Feel free to start working on anything that pleases you or keeps your
interest going.  I'm sure a lot of folks who want to make good use of
the existing *.mk files will be grateful to see something written :)