Date:      Mon, 22 Nov 1999 18:15:59 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: False Alarm: Xi Graphics representative was mistaken!

At 01:24 PM 11/22/1999 -0800, Alfred Perlstein wrote:

>Brett, as a member of the press you ought to be a bit more sensitive
>about your source verification. ;-)

Well, I received the word directly from a bona fide representative
of the company. That's normally a pretty reliable source! I did
not know that this person was mistaken, and posted a correction
as soon as I *did* know. What else could I do? I was shocked,
because I was about to order a few copies of their X server
for some machines here.

>You also should note that XiG sales people really need to be
>clued in a bit more, the one I talked to said that there was
>"no way" they'd be supporting FreeBSD 3.x.

I will now know better.

--Brett Glass