Date:      Thu, 27 Sep 2001 13:43:06 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jason <jason@jason-n3xt.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   MySQL and Qmail

G'day all:

I'm trying to setup Qmail/Couier-IMAP/VPOPmail on my box.  I'm trying to
follow the Qmail FreeBSD toaster at
http://matt.simerson.net/computing/qmail.toaster.shtml

I'm having trouble with getting MySQL server working.  After I install it
from the ports I tried to run the commands it said to change the
"root" passwd of the database.  It gave me:

/usr/local/bin/mysqladmin -u root -p password <new password>
Enter password:
/usr/local/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: YES)'

Anyone have any ideas?

TIA
----